The USB31000S USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter adds a single RJ45 Ethernet port to a USB-enabled computer system, with support for Gigabit network connections at full bandwidth, unlike USB 2.0 adapters.
This compact USB 3.0 network adapter is backward compatible with older USB 2.0/1.x computer systems (speed limited by USB bus), making it the ideal portable replacement network adapter or laptop accessory. Plus, with support for features such as Jumbo Frames, VLAN tagging and Wake on LAN (WOL), the adapter offers a versatile Gigabit network solution for home and business users alike.
The USB31000S USB 3.0 Gigabit adapter is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
• USB to RJ45 adapter supports Gigabit networking over USB 3.0
• IEEE 802.3, 802.3u and 802.3ab (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T) compatible
• Powered directly from the USB ports
• Crossover Detection & Auto-Correction (Auto MDIX)
• IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Tagging support
• Jumbo Frame support
• Supports Checksum Offload (IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP) and Large Send Offload
• Activity and Link LED indicators
• Compact, lightweight design for maximum portability
• Add Gigabit Ethernet capabilities to a desktop or laptop, without opening the computer or taking up an available expansion slot
• Replace a failed integrated network adapter with an external, USB Gigabit Ethernet connection, instead of having to open a desktop or laptop computer case
• Connects your laptop PC to a Gigabit network or backbone – perfect for small or home offices, departmental network applications and network gaming
• Transfer very large files over the network with access to true Gigabit speeds that USB 2.0 adapters cannot provide