Industry’s First HBA with Tri-Mode SerDes Technology
Broadcom enables high performance storage connectivity and flexible system designs that support any combination of NVMe, SAS and SATA devices with the industry’s first HBA with Tri-Mode SerDes. The Tri-Mode HBAs expand Broadcom’s industry leading family of 12Gb/s SAS HBAs with 8 and 16 port internal, external and combination Tri-Mode port options.
NVMe Performance Gains for Storage
The Tri-Mode Storage HBAs bring NVMe performance benefits to the storage tier by providing connectivity and data protection that HBAs have offered for over 20 years for SAS/SATA interfaces. Based on the singlecore SAS3516, SAS3416 or SAS3408 Tri-Mode Storage I/O controllers (IOC), these HBAs provide bandwidth and IOPS performance increase compared to the previous generation and are ideal for high-end servers utilizing internal storage or connecting to large-scale external storage enclosures.
• High-port count SAS/SATA/NVMe adapters for direct attached high connectivity applications
• Tri-Mode connectivity enabling maximum data center flexibility
• Flexible solutions for cloud computing
• External storage requiring high connectivity SAS/SATA interface for host or drive side connect
• Tri-Mode Storage Interface Ports
−− x1 SATA
−−x2 SAS (Multi Link)
−−Two x1 SAS (Dual port using MPIO)
−−SFF-8639 (U.2) Bay
−− x2, x4 NVMe
• Supports 12, 6, and 3Gb/s SAS and 6, 3Gb/s SATA data transfer rates
• Up to 8 storage interface PCIe links. Each link supporting x4 or x2 link widths up to 8.0 GT/s (PCIe Gen3) per lane