The HBA 1100 delivers enterprise resiliency with its broadly deployed Smart Storage stack. Based on the PM8222 8x12G SmartIOC 2100 SAS/SATA protocol controller, the HBA 1100 Series provides a robust and stable solution that can handle the toughest system workloads and configurations. It offers over 40 percent power savings compared to previous generations, and significant power advantages versus competing solutions. It is fully tools-compatible with existing and future Microsemi HBA, RAID, and expander solutions.
Optimized for New Devices and New Use Cases
The HBA 1100 supports SMR HDDs and their specific command sets (ZAC/ZBC for SAS/SATA SMR drives), enabling cost-efficient solutions for warm and cold storage applications. It also supports the latest SAS and SATA SSDs. The HBA 1100 is also optimized for software-defined storage solutions, such as Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct, VMWare vSAN, and OpenStack Swift/Ceph.
• Up to 24 native SAS/SATA ports; low-profile/ MD2 form factor
• 12 Gbps SAS data rates using mini-SAS HD connectors
• Quality and reliability through the unified, hardened Smart Storage stack, which is deployed in over 30 million servers
• Proven compatibility with existing Microsemi Adaptec solutions, multiple operating systems, servers, enclosures, SSDs, HDDs, and LTO tape drives
• Uses the latest 28 nm SmartIOC 2100 SAS/ SATA protocol controller to drive efficiency and performance while also having the industry’s lowest power consumption